…before you think this is a beauty or fashion related post, it’s not. I want so much of those things that the post would be never ending. I might include a couple of beauty or fashion related stuff on this list, but only a few, I promise.
- To hear a great song and completely fall in love with it. I hear songs like these all the time but I want this song to be the song I love after a year, two..heck I want to be loving it when I’m fifty. I’m constantly disappointed with the music industry. Everyone’s busy twerking or being different or trying to be hip and alternative. But everyone seems to try too hard. There are good songs, of course and great bands and singers. But at the end of the day, if I want to listen to good music…I have to go back in time a couple of decades. Sad.
- To roller blade. I visited Barcelona last week and everyone roller blades there. I have a good pair of blades I got from when we spent a Summer in Canada but unfortunately I haven’t used them in over 5 years. I can of course pick them up and use them but it’s super hard to find smooth pavements or parks in Malta. All parks are sort of paved with small brick-style tiles which make it impossible to skate and very, very possible to fall flat on your face. And I’m Claire, I do the latter on a weekly basis in flats, so I can’t risk it.
- To go for a long walk. Again, I can just up and do that. But it’s still really hot for walks on Sunday. But it’s September, so hopefully my heat-induced agony will be over soon. To be fair to our dear Earth, it wasn’t too bad this year.
- To eat Salted Caramel ice-cream. I’m weird, I know. But I’ve only had this flavour in the UK. My good friends took us to a pub who made home-made ice-cream once, 2 years ago, and I’ve been craving this ice-cream ever since. It was the most incredible desert I’ve ever had. If anyone knows of places in Malta where they serve this flavour…please comment and tell me their name. I’d be forever indebted to you.
- To own this pretty Dior jewel box with all 6 of my favourite ever perfumes. Yes, all of them. Mini-versions of the Dior range in a crisp white box you can keep. I saw this at the airport and I was staring at it so hard that the guy offered to open that sealed little box they have which they never open. It was so beautiful I nearly splurged and got it. It wasn’t too expensive for the brand and what it contains, but the box was huge and I was already lugging around a huge suitcase which I managed to pass off as ‘hand luggage’. I’ll look for it online but I’m pretty sure it was one of those mythical things that only make an appearance in airports and then you never, ever, find them anywhere else.
Do you have a similar list? Please say you do…I don’t want to be a weirdo all by myself!